Play Therapy helps children express what is worrying them when they are unable to verbalise in words. Through play, children are able to work through what is worrying them. Through play therapy sessions children learn healthier and more adaptive behaviours.
The relationship that emerges between the child and the play therapist during the weekly sessions provides a reparative emotional experience leading to strengthening the child’s sense of self, building resilience and healing past traumas. As part of this process we offer regular parental reviews with parents to share their child’s progress.
Referral issues include:
- Emotional or behavioural issues
- Communication difficulties
- Delayed or uneven development
- Learning difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
- Family Disruptions such as illness or divorce
- Bereavement or loss
- Abuse or neglect
- Chronic illness/hospitalisation
- Bonding and attachment issues
- Fostering, adoption and identity issues.
- ADD, ADHD, Autism
- Elective Mutism
It's good to talk
If you would like to discuss any issue you maybe experiencing, please get in touch and know that everything we discuss is 100% confidential.